Tuesday 5 March 2013

Day Twenty-One

It was another beautiful day in Terrace - I could have stayed at the hospital all afternoon. Nothing too exciting today - mostly some waves and smiles. One lady looked like she was scared to smile but she did it. One older gentleman pulled over and asked me what I was doing . I told him I was praying for an end to abortion. He asked me which church I went to so I told him the Catholic church but that anyone could come out and pray. He wished me well and then drove off.

I had an email from the Edmonton 40 Days for Life group yesterday. The coordinator told me that there are about 30 abortions per DAY at the clinic where they pray. THIRTY! In Edmonton. I was shocked! I can imagine a number like that in Toronto but not Edmonton. Obviously this problem of abortion is bigger than I imagined.

Since abortions are done on Friday in Terrace and today was Tuesday I offered up my prayers for the women in Edmonton. I'll be there next weekend and hope to meet with the 40 DFL group when I am there. Their weather has proved to be a challenge for them so hopefully things will warm up a bit as we head into the final days of the Spring 2013 campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment