Wednesday 20 March 2013

Day Thirty-Six

It was a beautiful day today - it's hardly been a sacrifice to stand at the hospital for an hour at a time. Nobody stopped to chat today but the bus driver was happy to see me in my usual spot (I was out of town for a few days) and gave me a big wave. One of his passengers made sure to catch my attention and gave me a thumbs up signal but his face was so fierce I wondered if he had been affected by abortion in some way.

I think the people that express the most emotion when they see any of us standing there with our blue and white signs - whether they are supportive or they think they hate us - are people who have been deeply affected by abortion.  Maybe they thought it was a good idea at first but came to realize it was not. Mabye the mother was injured. Maybe the abortion caused a breakdown in a close relationship. Maybe those involved realized too late that they were aborting a baby, not a clump of cells or tissue.

Even as 40 Days for Life Spring 2013 winds down let us continue to pray for anyone affected by abortion. Let us pray our society stops seeing certain segments of the population as 'disposable' or 'inconvenient'. Let us pray especially for a change of heart for abortionists such as Dr. Almas and her nurse Kathy Geurin.
 
Wash yourselves, make yourselves
clean; Put away the evil of your doings
from before My eyes. Cease to do evil,
Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke
the oppressor; Defend the fatherless,
Plead for the widow.

Isaiah 1:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment