Friday 22 March 2013

Day Thirty-Eight

I woke up with a terrible headache this morning. I did not feel well enough to go to work so I called in sick. I was very sad because this meant I was also going to miss what would likely have been my final shift at 40 DFL for this year. I took a Tylenol and rested and in about 2 hours was feeling much better. I headed off to work and went to the hospital at noon!

My prayer today was that people that needed to see 40 DFL would drive by or stop and talk. My prayers were answered.

There are some ladies that drive by every day at noon and wave but today they stopped. They are Pro-Life and it was a pleasure to speak with them. One of them gave me a 'diary of a preborn' child which you can read if you click here.

About half way through my hour who should drive by but my old neighbour - the one I wrote about yesterday! She gave me a half smile.

Towards the end of my shift a woman I knew from a grief support group I attended years ago exited the hospital and got into her car. She drove by me and I waved at her but she only smirked at me. I wish that she had stopped to talk.

A man I am guessing to be in his mid-thirties walked by and yelled across the street, "What's this 40 Days for Life?" I yelled back, "I'm praying for an end to abortion!" He just said "oh" like I'd told him I was standing there advertising Tupperware.

Another lady sat in her car in the parking lot the whole time I was there. She kept looking at me but didn't come over or wave or give me a rude gesture. I wondered if she was waiting for someone who was having an abortion.

There are still two days left to pray at Mills Memorial - please join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment