Friday 8 March 2013

Day Twenty-Four

Warmest day yet! Thank you Lord for making it pleasant to stand outside for an hour! However, we'd still do it rain or shine.

I got a few bitter looks today but there was also one lady who was so pleased with 40 DFL that her smile lit up the entire street! As she pulled out of her parking spot and drove by she lifted her arms and held her hands together in prayer. That totally made my day!

Another lady drove by. She asked about the sign thinking it was advertising for LifeLabs. When I told her about our 40 day prayer campaign she shouted 'you go, girl!' and gave me the thumbs up.

Just before I left an older gentleman came by. He asked me about my sign. He asked if it had anything to do with 40 days of the development of the fetus. I suppose it does. I reminded him that a baby's heart starts beating at 21 days. He didn't realize abortions are committed at Mills Memorial Hospital on Friday. He was disgusted.

O, God, you formed us in our mother’s
womb and planned a unique and special
life and purpose for each of us, and
we do thank you. Grant that we may
pray and work for an end to abortion,
especially in these 40 days, so that no
unborn baby you have made may fail to
achieve your divine intention for him
or her because of intentional abortion.
We pray this for the sake of your Son,
our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment